Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 5. Military Code of Alaska
- Section 10. Alaska Militia Established.
previous: Chapter 5
. Military Code of Alaska
next: Section 20
. Exemption From Military Service.
AS 26.05.010. Alaska Militia Established.
- (a) The militia of the state consists of all able-bodied citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied persons
who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who reside in the state, who are at least 17
years of age, and who are eligible for military service under the laws of the United States or this state.
- (b) The militia is divided into two classes:
- (1) the organized militia, consisting of the Alaska National Guard, the Alaska Naval Militia, and the Alaska State Defense
- (2) the unorganized militia, consisting of all qualified persons available for service but not serving in the organized
- (c) The adjutant general may, by regulation, prescribe the maximum age for eligibility in the militia.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.