Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 606. Procedure to Contest Validity or Enforcement of Registered Order.
previous: Section 605
. Notice of Registration of Order.
next: Section 607
. Contest of Registration or Enforcement.
AS 25.25.606. Procedure to Contest Validity or Enforcement of Registered Order.
- (a) A nonregistering party seeking to contest the validity or enforcement of a registered order in this state shall
request a hearing within 20 days after the notice of the registration. The nonregistering party may seek to vacate the
registration, to assert a defense to an allegation of noncompliance with the registered order, or to contest the
remedies being sought or the amount of alleged arrearages under AS 25.25.607.
- (b) If the nonregistering party fails to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order in a timely manner,
the order is confirmed by operation of law.
- (c) If a nonregistering party requests a hearing to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order, the
registering tribunal shall schedule the matter for hearing and give notice to the parties of the date, time, and place
of the hearing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.