Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 605. Notice of Registration of Order.
previous: Section 604
. Choice of Law.
next: Section 606
. Procedure to Contest Validity or Enforcement of Registered Order.
AS 25.25.605. Notice of Registration of Order.
- (a) When a support order or income withholding order issued in another state is registered, the registering tribunal shall
notify the nonregistering party. The notice must be accompanied by a copy of the registered order and the documents and
relevant information accompanying the order.
- (b) The notice must inform the nonregistering party
- (1) that a registered order is enforceable as of the date of registration in the same manner as an order issued by a
tribunal of this state;
- (2) that a hearing to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order must be requested within 20 days after
- (3) that failure to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order in a timely manner will result in
confirmation of the order and enforcement of the order and the alleged arrearages and precludes further contest of that
order with respect to any matter that could have been asserted; and
- (4) of the amount of alleged arrearages.
- (c) Upon registration of an income withholding order for enforcement, the registering tribunal shall notify the obligor's
employer under AS 25.27.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.