Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 607. Contest of Registration or Enforcement.
previous: Section 606
. Procedure to Contest Validity or Enforcement of Registered Order.
next: Section 608
. Confirmed Order.
AS 25.25.607. Contest of Registration or Enforcement.
- (a) A party contesting the validity or enforcement of a registered order or seeking to vacate the registration has the
burden of proving one or more of the following defenses:
- (1) the issuing tribunal lacked personal jurisdiction over the contesting party;
- (2) the order was obtained by fraud;
- (3) the order has been vacated, suspended, or modified by a later order;
- (4) the issuing tribunal has stayed the order pending appeal;
- (5) there is a defense under the law of this state to the remedy sought;
- (6) full or partial payment has been made; or
- (7) the statute of limitation under AS 25.25.604
precludes enforcement of some or all of the arrearages.
- (b) If a party presents evidence establishing a full or partial defense under (a) of this section, the tribunal may stay
enforcement of the registered order, continue the proceeding to permit production of additional relevant evidence, and
issue other appropriate orders. An uncontested portion of the registered order may be enforced by all remedies
available under the law of this state.
- (c) If the contesting party does not establish a defense under (a) of this section to the validity or enforcement of the
order, the registering tribunal shall issue an order confirming the order.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.