Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 23. Adoption
- Section 80. Petition For Adoption.
previous: Section 70
. Withdrawal of Consent.
next: Section 90
. Report of Petitioner's Expenditures.
AS 25.23.080. Petition For Adoption.
- (a) The caption of a petition for adoption shall be styled substantially "In the Matter of the Adoption of . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .". The person to be adopted shall be designated in the caption under the name by which the person is to
be known if the petition is granted. If the child is placed for adoption by an agency, any name by which the child was
previously known may not be disclosed in the petition or in the decree of adoption.
- (b) A petition for adoption shall be signed and verified by the petitioner, filed with the clerk of the court, and state
- (1) the date and place of birth of the person to be adopted, if known;
- (2) the name to be used for the person to be adopted;
- (3) the date of placement of the minor and the name of the person placing the minor;
- (4) the full name, age, place and duration of residence of the petitioner;
- (5) the marital status of the petitioner, including the date and place of marriage, if married;
- (6) that the petitioner has facilities and resources, including those available under a hard-to-place child subsidy
agreement, suitable to provide for the nurture and care of the minor to be adopted, and that it is the desire of the
petitioner to establish the relationship of parent and child with the person to be adopted;
- (7) a description and estimate of value of any property of the person to be adopted; and
- (8) the name of any person whose consent to the adoption is required, but who has not consented, and facts or
circumstances that excuse the lack of the consent normally required to the adoption.
- (c) A certified copy of the birth certificate or verification of the birth record of the person to be adopted, if
available, the information specified in AS 25.23.185
(a), if available, and the required consents, relinquishments, and termination orders shall be filed with the clerk.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.