Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 23. Adoption
- Section 185. Records and Information.
previous: Section 180
. Relinquishment and Termination of Parent and Child Relationships.
next: Section 190
. Subsidy For Hard-to-Place Child.
AS 25.23.185. Records and Information.
- (a) At the time a petition for adoption is filed with the court, the agency or individual placing the person for adoption,
or the petitioner, shall file with the court, for release to the state registrar of vital statistics, the following
information, or an explanation of its unavailability, on forms provided by the department:
- (1) the address of each parent named on the original birth certificate; and
- (2) background information required under AS 18.50.510
- (b) Upon entry of a decree of adoption, the clerk of the court shall transmit to the Bureau of Vital Statistics the
information provided under (a) of this section. The bureau shall attach the information to the original birth
certificate of the adopted person.
- (c) A child adoption agency licensed under former AS 47.35 and a child placement agency licensed under AS 47.32 shall maintain
records of the information required to be furnished to the court under this section or under regulations of the
commissioner implementing this section. If a child adoption agency or child placement agency ceases to place persons for adoption, it shall
transfer its records to the commissioner.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.