Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 60. Standards of Conduct
- Section 150. Duties of the Committee.
previous: Section 140
. Authority of the Committee.
next: Section 155
. Legislative Ethics Course.
AS 24.60.150. Duties of the Committee.
- (a) The committee shall
- (1) adopt procedures to facilitate the receipt of inquiries and prompt rendition of its opinions;
- (2) publish semi-annual summaries of decisions and advisory opinions with sufficient deletions in the summaries to prevent
disclosing the identity of the persons involved in the decisions or opinions that have remained confidential;
- (3) publish legislative ethics materials, including an annually updated handbook on standards of
ethical conduct and a bimonthly legislative newsletter, to help educate legislators, legislative employees, and public
members of the committee on the subject of legislative ethics;
- (4) within 10 days of the first day of each regular session of the legislature and at other
times determined by the committee, administer two types of legislative ethics courses that teach means of compliance
with this chapter and are designed to give an understanding of this chapter's purpose under AS 24.60.010 ; one course, for returning legislators,
legislative employees, or public members of the committee, shall refresh knowledge and review compliance issues; a
separate course shall be designed to give first-time legislators, legislative employees, or public members of the
committee a fundamental understanding of this chapter and how to comply with it.
- (b) The committee may
- (1) recommend legislation to the legislature the committee considers desirable or necessary to promote and maintain high
standards of ethical conduct in government;
- (2) subpoena witnesses, administer oaths, and take testimony relating to matters before the committee, and may require the
production for examination of any books or papers relating to any matter under investigation before the committee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.