Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 239. Sole Proprietors and Partners as Employees.
previous: Section 238
. Volunteer Emergency Medical Technicians as Employees.
next: Section 240
. Officers of Corporations, Municipal Corporations, and Nonprofit Corporations and Members of Limited Liability Companies as Employees.
AS 23.30.239. Sole Proprietors and Partners as Employees.
- (a) A person who is a sole proprietor, or a member of a partnership, may elect coverage as an employee under this chapter
by making written application to an insurer. The insurer may accept the application and fix an assumed monthly wage at
which the person shall be carried on the payroll for purposes of this chapter.
- (b) When the application is accepted, the person is subject to the provisions and entitled to the benefits of this
chapter. The person shall promptly notify the insurer whenever there is a change in the status of the person as a sole
proprietor or partner.
- (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of AS 23.30.120
(a), a person covered under (a) of this section bears the burden of proof of the validity of the claim.
- (d) A person who has elected coverage under (a) of this section may cancel the election by giving written notice to the
insurer. Notwithstanding AS 23.30.030
(5), the cancellation becomes effective the day following the filing of notice with the insurer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.