Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 238. Volunteer Emergency Medical Technicians as Employees.
previous: Section 237
. High School Students in Work-Study Programs as Employees of the State.
next: Section 239
. Sole Proprietors and Partners as Employees.
AS 23.30.238. Volunteer Emergency Medical Technicians as Employees.
- (a) A person who is injured during the course and within the scope of providing service as a volunteer emergency medical
technician is an employee of the state for purposes of this chapter if the person
- (1) is certified by the state under AS 18.08 as an emergency medical
technician or is an active roster volunteer member of a state certified emergency medical service and is registered
with the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (2) provides emergency medical service outside an incorporated city or borough; and
- (3) is not otherwise covered for that injury by an employer's workers' compensation insurance policy or self-insurance
- (b) The gross weekly earnings for a person receiving benefits under this section shall be the minimum gross weekly
earnings paid a full-time emergency medical technician employed in the city or borough nearest to the place where the
injury occurred, or, if the nearest city or borough has no full-time emergency medical technician, at a reasonable
figure previously set by the nearest city or borough to make this determination, but in no case may the gross weekly
earnings for calculating compensation be less than the minimum wage computed on the basis of 40 hours of work a week.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.