Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 30. Alaska Workers' Compensation Act
- Section 85. Duty of Employer to File Evidence of Compliance.
previous: Section 82
. Workers' Compensation Benefits Guaranty Fund.
next: Section 90
. Self-Insurance Certificates.
AS 23.30.085. Duty of Employer to File Evidence of Compliance.
- (a) An employer subject to this chapter, unless exempted, shall initially file evidence of compliance with the insurance
provisions of this chapter with the division, in the form prescribed by the director. The employer shall also give evidence of
compliance within 10 days after the termination of the employer's insurance by expiration or cancellation. These
requirements do not apply to an employer who has certification from the board of the employer's financial ability to
pay compensation directly without insurance.
- (b) If an employer fails, refuses, or neglects to comply with the provision of this section, the employer shall be subject
to the penalties provided in AS 23.30.070
for failure to report accidents; but nothing in this section may be construed to affect the rights conferred upon an
injured employee or the employee's beneficiaries under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.