Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 505. Unemployed Defined.
previous: Section 500
. Violation of Law or Regulations.
next: Section 510
. Pay Period.
AS 23.20.505. Unemployed Defined.
- (a) An individual is considered "unemployed" in a week during which the individual performs no services and for which no
wages are payable to the individual, or in a week of less than full-time work if the wages payable to the individual
for the week are less than one and one-third times the individual's weekly benefit amount, excluding the allowance for
dependents, plus $50.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 33 ch 115 SLA 1982].
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 33 ch 115 SLA 1982].
- (d) An individual is not considered "unemployed" in a week if
- (1) the individual is not performing services during that week because the individual is on leave from the regular
employer of the individual for a period of four weeks or less; and
- (2) the leave is part of a work schedule consisting of alternating periods of work and leave in which the hours of work
for one complete period of work and leave average at least 40 hours per week.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.