Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 510. Pay Period.
previous: Section 505
. Unemployed Defined.
next: Section 515
. Earnings of Fishermen Not Subject to Contributions. [Repealed, Sec. 26 Ch 122 SLA 1977].
AS 23.20.510. Pay Period.
- (a) If the service performed during one-half or more of a pay period by an individual for an employing unit constitutes
employment, all the service of the individual for the period is considered employment.
- (b) If the service performed during more than one-half of a pay period by an individual for an employing unit does not
constitute employment, then none of the service of the individual for the period is considered employment.
- (c) In this section, "pay period" means a period of not more than 31 consecutive days for which a payment for service is
ordinarily made to the individual by the employing unit. This section does not apply to service performed in a pay
period by an individual for an employing unit when any of the service is excluded because it is subject to an
unemployment insurance program established by an Act of Congress.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.