Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 130. Establishment and Control.
previous: Section 125
. Data to Be Collected. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 74 SLA 1965].
next: Section 135
. Accounts and Deposit.
AS 23.20.130. Establishment and Control.
- (a) There shall be maintained as special funds separate and apart from all public funds of this state, an unemployment
compensation fund which shall be administered by the department exclusively for the purposes of this chapter, and a
training and building fund.
- (b) The unemployment compensation fund consists of
- (1) all contributions collected under this chapter;
- (2) interest earned on money in the unemployment trust fund account;
- (3) property or securities acquired through the use of money belonging to the fund;
- (4) earnings of the property or securities;
- (5) sums made available to the state as advances under 42 U.S.C. 1321 - 1324 (Title XII, Social Security Act), as amended,
for the purposes of paying benefits as provided in this chapter;
- (6) advances from the general fund of the state for the purposes of paying benefits provided in this chapter;
- (7) all money credited to this state's account in the unemployment trust fund under 42 U.S.C. 1103 (Sec. 903, Social
Security Act), as amended;
- (8) all money received for the fund from any other source;
- (9) reimbursement of benefits paid under AS 23.20.277
and 23.20.278; and
- (10) recovery of benefits paid from the unemployment compensation fund to individuals not entitled to them as provided by
- (c) All money in the unemployment compensation fund is mingled and undivided.
- (d) The training and building fund consists of all interest and penalties collected under AS 23.20.185
, 23.20.190, and 23.20.195 and all sums recovered on official bond for
losses sustained by the fund. Training and building fund money shall be deposited in the clearing account of the
unemployment compensation fund for clearance only, and does not become a part of the fund. The unobligated amount in
the training and building fund in excess of $100,000 on the close of business of the 30th day following the last day of
each fiscal year shall be transferred within 20 days to this state's account in the unemployment trust fund. The fund
shall be included in the budget submitted to the legislature under AS 37.07 (Executive Budget Act). Funds available in the training and
building fund shall be expended upon the direction of the department, with the approval of the governor, when it
appears to the governor that the expenditure is necessary for but not limited to
- (1) the proper administration of this chapter if no federal funds are available for the specific purpose for which the
expenditure is to be made, and if the funds are not substituted for appropriations from federal funds that would be
made available in the absence of those funds;
- (2) the proper administration of this chapter, if appropriations from federal funds have been requested but not yet
received, and the training and building fund will be reimbursed upon receipt of the requested federal appropriation;
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 84 ch 58 SLA 1999].
- (4) the purposes specified in AS 23.20.075
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.