Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 75. Acquisition of Land and Buildings.
previous: Section 70
next: Section 77
. Application For Demonstration Programs.
AS 23.20.075. Acquisition of Land and Buildings.
- (a) The department may acquire in the name of the state by term purchase agreements based on competitive bids in
accordance with AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code) land and
buildings upon terms and conditions that are approved by the Bureau of Employment Security of the United States, or its
successor, for the purpose of providing office space for the department at a place which the department finds necessary
- (b) An agreement made for the purchase of premises is subject to the approval of the attorney general and does not subject
the state to liability for the payment of the purchase price, except from money which is allocated to the state by the
United States Bureau of Employment Security or its successor for the administration of this chapter.
- (c) All money received from the United States for the payments authorized in this section for land and buildings shall be
deposited in the Employment Security Administration Fund in the state treasury and is appropriated from that fund for
purposes of this chapter.
- (d) It is the policy of this state that if premises are purchased under this chapter, the department shall be housed in
the premises without further payment by the United States, except for general maintenance, utilities, and janitorial
services, or if, in the future, it is desirable to move the offices, other suitable similar space will be furnished by
the state without further payment for the space by the United States, except for general maintenance, utilities, and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.