Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 185. Interest On Past Due Contributions.
previous: Section 180
. Records and Analysis of Experience With Unemployment Risk.
next: Section 190
. Penalty For Failure to File Reports.
AS 23.20.185. Interest On Past Due Contributions.
- (a) If contributions are not paid on the date on which they are due, the amount remaining unpaid bears interest at the
rate of 12 percent per year from the due date until payment plus accrued interest is received by the department.
Interest collected under this section shall be deposited in the clearing account of the unemployment compensation fund.
- (b) Interest does not accrue on contributions from an estate in the hands of a receiver, executor, administrator, trustee
in bankruptcy, common law assignee, or other liquidating officer after the date when the officer qualifies. However,
contributions accruing with respect to employment of a person by the officer are due and draw interest in the same
manner as contributions due from other employers.
- (c) Payments of contributions erroneously paid to an unemployment compensation fund of another state which should have
been paid to this state and which are refunded by the other state and paid by the employer to this state shall be
considered paid to this state at the date of payment of the other state.
- (d) Interest collected under this section shall periodically be transferred from the clearing account to the training and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.