Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 15. Employment Services
- Section 100. Powers and Duties; Vending Facilities.
previous: Section 90
. Priority as to Eligibility.
next: Section 110
. Extension of Services Outside State.
AS 23.15.100. Powers and Duties; Vending Facilities.
- (a) In carrying out AS 23.15.010
- 23.15.210, the agency shall
- (1) take the action it considers necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of AS 23.15.010
- 23.15.210 and adopt regulations in conformity with
- (2) determine the eligibility of applicants for vocational rehabilitation service;
- (3) submit to the governor annual reports of activities and expenditures and, before each regular session of the
legislature, estimates of sums required for carrying out AS 23.15.010
- 23.15.210 and estimates of the amounts to be made
available for this purpose from all sources;
- (4) cooperate with public and private departments, agencies, and institutions in providing for the vocational
rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities, studying the problems involved in providing this rehabilitation, and
establishing, developing, and providing, in conformity with the purposes of AS 23.15.010
- 23.15.210, the programs, facilities, and services
that may be necessary or desirable;
- (5) survey the potential for providing vending facilities on public property and, when feasible, establish vending
facilities operated by blind persons and persons with severe disabilities on public property;
- (6) license blind persons and persons with severe disabilities in accordance with AS 23.15.133
for the operation of vending facilities on public property, with blind persons having first priority for operation of
the vending facilities;
- (7) provide the training and supervision necessary to enable blind persons and persons with severe disabilities to operate
- (8) provide the equipment and initial stock necessary to enable blind persons and persons with severe disabilities to operate
- (b) In carrying out AS 23.15.010
- 23.15.210, the agency may
- (1) enter into agreements with other states to provide for the vocational rehabilitation of residents of the states
- (2) establish and operate rehabilitation facilities and workshops and make grants to public and other nonprofit
organizations for these purposes;
- (3) supervise the operation of vending stands and other small businesses established under AS 23.15.010
- 23.15.210 to be conducted by individuals with severe disabilities;
- (4) make studies, investigations, demonstrations, and reports, and provide training and instruction, including the
establishment and maintenance of the research fellowships and traineeships with the stipends and allowances that are
considered necessary, in matters relating to vocational rehabilitation; and
- (5) adopt regulations necessary for carrying out the provisions of AS 23.15.010 - 23.15.210.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.