Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 360. Regulations For Minimum Standards and Work Opportunities.
previous: Section 355
. Persons Under 21.
next: Section 365
AS 23.10.360. Regulations For Minimum Standards and Work Opportunities.
- (a) The department may, from time to time after public notice and hearing, adopt regulations and issue orders establishing
minimum standards for safety, working conditions, kind and extent of work in various phases of the respective fields of
employment, maximum hours for the day and week, and minimum rates of pay, and other reasonable safeguards compatible
with the welfare of all minors covered by AS 23.10.325
- (b) The department shall make cooperative arrangements with other state and federal agencies and shall adopt the
regulations that are necessary to provide opportunities for work experience in safe and healthful occupations for
- (c) The department shall, after notice and hearing, adopt regulations authorizing the employment of minors under 18 years
of age and exempting appropriate employers from the requirement to secure the commissioner's written authorization
under AS 23.10.332
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.