Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 332. Authorization For Children Under 17 to Work.
previous: Section 330
. Exempted Employment.
next: Section 335
. Employment of Children Under 14.
AS 23.10.332. Authorization For Children Under 17 to Work.
- (a) Except for employment exempted under AS 23.10.330
and other employment specifically exempted by regulations adopted by the department, a minor under 17 years of age may
not be employed or allowed to work without the written authorization of the commissioner unless authorized under AS 23.10.360
or under (c) of this section.
- (b) The department shall adopt regulations necessary to implement this section.
- (c) An employer may employ a minor who is at least 14 years of age to perform a specific job consisting of listed duties
without the written authorization of the commissioner under (a) of this section if the employer has, in advance,
secured the approval of the commissioner for a minor to perform that job and the employer files the written consent
from the minor's parent or guardian described in (d) of this section. The employer may not change any of the listed
duties of a job to be performed by a minor without prior approval of the commissioner.
- (d) A written consent from a parent or guardian filed under (c) of this section
- (1) is valid only for the job and listed duties specified on the consent;
- (2) must be filed with the commissioner within seven calendar days after the minor begins working the job specified in the
- (3) is valid for the calendar year in which it is executed or, in the case of a written consent executed in December, for
that calendar year, the next calendar year, or both, depending on the terms of the written consent;
- (4) shall be on a form provided by the department; the department may use the same form that it uses to issue work permits
under (a) of this section to secure parental signatures under this subsection; and
- (5) must be signed by a parent or legal guardian of the minor before the date the minor begins working the job specified
in the consent.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.