Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 86. Health Maintenance Organizations
- Section 260. Statutory Construction and Relationship to Other Law.
previous: Section 250
. Penalties and Enforcement.
next: Section 270
. Filings and Reports as Public Documents.
AS 21.86.260. Statutory Construction and Relationship to Other Law.
- (a) Except as provided in AS 21.36, AS 21.42, AS 21.54, AS 21.56 and in this chapter, this title does not apply to a health
maintenance organization that obtains a certificate of authority under this chapter. This subsection does not apply to
an insurer licensed under AS 21.09 or a hospital or medical
service corporation licensed under AS 21.87 except with respect
to its health maintenance organization activities authorized by and regulated under this chapter.
- (b) Solicitation of enrollees by a health maintenance organization that has obtained a certificate of authority or by its
licensed agents or authorized employee representatives, may not be construed to violate a law of this state relating to
solicitation or advertising by health care professionals.
- (c) A health maintenance organization that obtains a certificate of authority under this chapter is not considered to be
practicing medicine, and is exempt from a law of this state relating to the practice of medicine. However, this
subsection does not exempt a health care provider from a licensing requirement, or from another law of this state
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.