Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 79. Alaska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 50. Board of Governors.
previous: Section 40
. Association Established.
next: Section 60
. Powers and Duties of the Association.
AS 21.79.050. Board of Governors.
- (a) The Board of Governors of the association consists of not less than five nor more than nine representatives of member
insurers. The director may appoint two individuals as members of the board to represent the public. Terms of office for
board members shall be established in the plan of operation submitted under AS 21.79.080
. Member insurers shall select the insurer board members, subject to the approval of the director. A vacancy in a board
membership held by an insurer member shall be filled for the unexpired term by a majority vote of the remaining board
members, subject to the approval of the director. A vacancy in a board membership held by a representative of the
public shall be filled by the director. A board member who represents the public may not be an officer, director, or
employee of an insurer and may not be engaged in the business of insurance.
- (b) Before the director approves the selection of an insurer board member, the director shall consider whether all member
insurers are fairly represented on the board.
- (c) A board member is not entitled to compensation by the association. However, a board member may be reimbursed from the
assets of the association for expenses incurred while performing duties as a member of the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.