Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 79. Alaska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 40. Association Established.
previous: Section 30
next: Section 50
. Board of Governors.
AS 21.79.040. Association Established.
- (a) There is established as a nonprofit legal entity the Alaska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association.
Each member insurer shall be a member of the association as a condition of the insurer's authority to transact insurance in this state.
The association shall perform its functions under a plan of operation established and approved under AS 21.79.080
and shall exercise its powers through the Board of Governors established under AS 21.79.050
. For purposes of administration and assessment, the association shall maintain the following accounts:
- (1) the health insurance account; and
- (2) the life insurance and annuity account, including the following subaccounts:
- (A) life insurance account;
- (B) annuity account that must include annuity contracts owned by a governmental retirement benefit plan, or its trustee,
qualified under 26 U.S.C. 401, 26 U.S.C. 403(b), or 26 U.S.C. 457 (Internal Revenue Code), but that otherwise excludes
unallocated annuities; and
- (C) unallocated annuity account that must exclude contracts owned by a governmental retirement benefit plan, or its
trustee, qualified under 26 U.S.C. 401, 26 U.S.C. 403(b), or 26 U.S.C. 457 (Internal Revenue Code).
- (b) The association is under the supervision of the director and is subject to the insurance laws of the state. Except as
provided in AS 21.79.110(b), meetings or records of
the association may be open to the public upon majority vote of the Board of Governors of the association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.