Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 79. Alaska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 80. Plan of Operation.
previous: Section 70
next: Section 90
. Powers and Duties of the Director.
AS 21.79.080. Plan of Operation.
- (a) The association shall submit to the director a plan of operation and any amendments to assure the fair, reasonable,
and equitable administration of the association. The plan of operation and any amendments take effect on the written
approval of the plan by the director or 30 days after receipt by the director if not disapproved by the director.
- (b) If the association fails to submit suitable amendments to the plan, the director shall, after notice and hearing,
adopt regulations to implement this chapter. These regulations remain in effect until amended or repealed by the
- (c) A member insurer shall comply with the plan of operation. The plan of operation must
- (1) establish procedures for handling assets of the association;
- (2) establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the board under AS 21.79.050
- (3) establish regular places and times for meetings of the board in the state; the board may conduct meetings
- (4) establish procedures for keeping records of all financial transactions of the association, its agents, and the board;
- (5) establish terms of office for members of the board, and establish procedures for the selection of the members of the
board and for the director's approval of the members selected;
- (6) establish additional procedures for assessments under AS 21.79.070; and
- (7) contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the association to exercise its powers and duties.
- (d) The plan of operation may delegate the powers and duties of the association, other than those under AS 21.79.060
(t)(3) and 21.79.070, to a corporation or other
organization performing functions similar to those of the association, or its equivalent, in two or more states. The
association shall reimburse the corporation or organization for a payment made for the association and for performing a
function of the association. A delegation under this subsection takes effect only with the approval of the board and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.