Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 300. Eligibility For State Health Insurance.
previous: Section 220
. Operation of the Plan.
next: Section 310
. Enrollment By An Eligible Person.
AS 21.55.300. Eligibility For State Health Insurance.
- (a) Except as provided in this section, a state resident who is a high risk, a TAA eligible individual, or a federally
defined eligible individual is eligible to enroll in a state plan described in AS 21.55.100.
- (b) Except for a federally defined eligible individual or TAA eligible individual, a person may not be covered by the
- (1) while covered by another health insurance policy or subscriber contract; or
- (2) if the person is eligible to be covered
- (A) by a plan subject to the requirements of AS 21.56.110
- (B) under another state or federal law, including veterans' benefits, Native health care, or Medicaid, but not including
- (C) under another health benefit program, including self-insurance plan, health care trust, or welfare trust.
- (c) Upon ceasing to be a resident, a person is not eligible to purchase or renew coverage under a state plan, but
previously purchased coverage remains in effect for the period covered by payments made while a resident.
- (d) Additional eligibility requirements for enrollment in a state plan may be imposed if approved by the director.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.