Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 56. Small Employer Health Insurance
- Section 110. Applicability.
previous: Section 010
. - 21.56.100. Creation; Membership; Board of Directors; Organization; General Powers; Plan of Operation; Health Care Reinsurance; Health Care Insurance Plan Committee; Required Report; Premium Report; Administrative Procedure Act; Tax Exemption; Limitation of Liability. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 80 SLA 2006].
next: Section 120
. Premium Rate Restrictions; Disclosures; Reports; Confidentiality.
AS 21.56.110. Applicability.
- (a) A health care insurance plan offered, issued for delivery, delivered, or renewed to small employers in this state is
subject to the provisions of this chapter.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 115 ch 81 SLA 1997].
- (c) Except as provided in this subsection, for purposes of this chapter, insurers that are affiliated companies or that
are eligible to file a consolidated tax return shall be treated as one insurer and a restriction or limitation imposed
under this chapter shall apply as if all health care insurance plans delivered or issued for delivery to a small
employer in this state by an affiliated insurer were issued by one insurer. An affiliated insurer that is a health
maintenance organization having a certificate of authority under AS 21.86 may be considered to be a separate insurer for the purposes of
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 115 ch 81 SLA 1997].
- (e) The requirements of this chapter continue to apply with respect to coverage offered to a small employer until the plan
anniversary following the date the employer no longer meets the definition of a "small employer" in AS 21.54.500
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.