Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 150. State Plan Premiums.
previous: Section 140
. Care and Services Not Covered.
next: Section 200
. Selection of a Plan Administrator.
AS 21.55.150. State Plan Premiums.
- (a) The association may not charge a rate for coverage issued by or through the association that is unfairly
discriminatory. The board shall submit premium rates to the director for approval before use.
- (b) The association may use separate scales of premium rates based on age and geographic location of the insured. The
association may use separate scales of premium rates based on other factors, including use or nonuse of tobacco, if
approved by the director.
- (c) The board shall determine standard risk premium rates by considering the premium rates charged by members of the
association offering, to residents of the state, health insurance benefits substantially equivalent to benefits under
the state plan. The premium for a state plan may not exceed 150 percent of the standard risk premium rates determined
by the board.
Article 03. ADMINISTRATION OF PLANS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.