Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 140. Care and Services Not Covered.
previous: Section 130
. Preexisting Conditions.
next: Section 150
. State Plan Premiums.
AS 21.55.140. Care and Services Not Covered.
- (a) A state plan may not provide benefits for charges for the following:
- (1) care for an injury or disease either
- (A) arising out of and in the course of an employment subject to a workers' compensation or similar law or where the
benefit is available to be provided under a workers' compensation policy or equivalent self-insurance to a sole
proprietor, business partner, or corporation officer; or
- (B) to the extent benefits are payable without regard to fault under a coverage statutorily required to be contained in a
motor vehicle or other liability insurance policy or equivalent self-insurance;
- (2) treatment for cosmetic purposes other than surgery for the prompt repair of an accidental injury sustained while
covered or for replacement of an anatomic structure removed during treatment of tumors;
- (3) travel, other than transportation covered under AS 21.55.110
- (4) private room accommodations to the extent it is in excess of the institution's most common charge for a semiprivate
- (5) services or articles to the extent that the charge exceeds the reasonable charge in the locality for the service;
- (6) services or articles that are determined not to be medically necessary, except for the fabrication or placement of the
prosthesis as specified in AS 21.55.110
(12) and (2) of this subsection;
- (7) services or articles that are not within the scope of the license or certificate of the institution or individual
rendering the services or articles;
- (8) services or articles furnished, paid for or reimbursed directly by or under any law of a government, except as
otherwise provided in this chapter;
- (9) services or articles for custodial care or designed primarily to assist an individual in the activities of daily
- (10) service charges that would not have been made if no insurance existed or that the covered individual is not legally
obligated to pay;
- (11) eyeglasses, contact lenses, or hearing aids or the fitting of them;
- (12) dental care not specifically covered by this chapter;
- (13) services of a registered nurse who ordinarily resides in the covered individual's home, or who is a member of the
covered individual's family or the family of the covered individual's spouse;
- (14) experimental procedures; and
- (15) services and supplies for which the patient was not charged.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 8 ch 102 SLA 2003].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.