Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 40. Plan of Operation.
previous: Section 30
. General Powers.
next: Section 50
. Administrative Procedure Act.
AS 21.55.040. Plan of Operation.
- (a) The association shall submit to the director a plan of operation and amendments necessary or suitable to assure the
fair, reasonable, and equitable administration of the association. The plan of operation and amendments become
effective upon approval in writing by the director. If the association fails to submit a suitable plan of operation by
December 22, 1992, or if at subsequent time the association fails to submit suitable amendments to the plan, the
director may, after notice and hearing, adopt reasonable regulations necessary or advisable to effectuate the
provisions of this chapter. These regulations shall continue in force until modified by the director or superseded by a
plan submitted by the association and approved by the director.
- (b) All members of the association shall comply with the plan of operation.
- (c) The plan of operation shall
- (1) establish procedures whereby all the powers and duties of the association under this chapter will be performed;
- (2) establish procedures for handling assets of the association;
- (3) establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the board of directors under AS 21.55.020
- (4) establish regular places and times for meetings of the board of directors;
- (5) establish procedures for records to be kept of all financial transactions of the association, its agents, and the
board of directors;
- (6) provide that a member insurer aggrieved by a final action or decision of the association may appeal to the director
within 30 days after the action or decision;
- (7) establish procedures whereby selections for the board of directors will be submitted to the director;
- (8) contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the execution of the powers and duties of the association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.