Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 20. Board of Directors; Organization.
previous: Section 10
. Creation; Membership; Information From Members.
next: Section 30
. General Powers.
AS 21.55.020. Board of Directors; Organization.
- (a) The board of directors of the association consists of seven individuals. Five board members shall be selected by
association members, subject to approval by the director of the division of insurance, and two board members shall be
consumers selected by the director of the division of insurance. The director or the director's designee is a nonvoting
ex officio member of the board. A member of the board serves for a term of three years and may be reappointed to an
unlimited number of terms. The term of a board member shall continue until a successor is appointed.
- (b) In approving members of the board, the director shall consider, among other things, whether all types of association
members are fairly represented.
- (c) In determining voting rights at association meetings, an association member is entitled to vote in person or by proxy.
The vote shall be a weighted vote based on the association member's share of assessments as determined under AS 21.55.220.
- (d) At board meetings, a board member is entitled to one vote in person or by proxy.
- (e) A member of the board may be reimbursed from the association for expenses incurred as a result of board activities,
but may not otherwise be compensated for services by the association. The costs of conducting meetings of the
association and its board of directors shall be the responsibility of the members of the association.
- (f) The board shall study and prepare a report at least once every three years on the effectiveness of this chapter. The
report must include an analysis of the effectiveness of this chapter in promoting rate stability, product availability,
and affordability of coverage. The report may contain recommendations for legislative or other regulatory action. The
board shall notify the legislature that the report is available.
- (g) In this section, "board" means the board of directors of the association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.