Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 34. Surplus Lines Insurance
- Section 35. Health Care Insurance.
previous: Section 30
. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
next: Section 40
. Eligible Surplus Lines Insurers Required.
AS 21.34.035. Health Care Insurance.
- (a) Except for a multiple employer welfare arrangement, health care insurance may be placed in and written by a
nonadmitted insurer if
- (1) the director finds it is in the best interest of the public and issues an order to that effect; and
- (2) the insurance is in compliance with this chapter.
- (b) The rates and rating methods for health care insurance placed and written under this section are subject to AS 21.87.190
. The surplus lines broker shall make the filings required under AS 21.87.190
and maintain the records and accounts as required under AS 21.87.230
- (c) Health care insurance may not be procured under this chapter
- (1) for the purpose of obtaining a lower premium rate than acceptable by an authorized insurer; or
- (2) for obtaining a competitive advantage.
- (d) Insurance placed in or written by a nonadmitted insurer and the activities of the surplus lines broker relating to
that transaction are subject to this title.
- (e) In this section, "health care insurance" has the meaning given in AS 21.12.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.