Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 34. Surplus Lines Insurance
- Section 30. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
previous: Section 25
. Subscription Policies or Joint Underwriting in Combination With Admitted Insurers.
next: Section 35
. Health Care Insurance.
AS 21.34.030. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- (a) Workers' compensation insurance may be placed in and written by a nonadmitted insurer if
- (1) the director considers it in the best interest of the public and issues an order to that effect;
- (2) the insurance is written in accordance with this chapter; and
- (3) all conditions established for writing workers' compensation insurance in a nonadmitted market receive compliance.
- (b) The rates and rating plans for workers' compensation insurance are subject to AS 21.39. The surplus lines broker is responsible for making the
filings required under AS 21.39 and for maintaining the records
required in that chapter.
- (c) Insurance placed or written in a nonadmitted insurer and the activities of the surplus lines broker relating to that
transaction are subject to the applicable provision of this title.
- (d) The minimum capital and surplus required is two times that required in AS 21.34.040
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.