Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 74. Cigarette Fire Safety
- Section 80. Certification Requirement. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
previous: Section 70
. Maintenance of Records. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
next: Section 90
. Contents of Certification. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
AS 18.74.080. Certification Requirement. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
- (a) A manufacturer shall submit to the state fire marshal a certification that each cigarette listed in the
certification has been tested under AS 18.74.030 and satisfies the performance standard in AS 18.74.030(d), or has been tested under AS 18.74.040 and satisfies an alternative performance standard under AS 18.74.040 .
- (b) If a manufacturer has certified a cigarette under this section and subsequently makes a change to the
cigarette that is likely to alter its compliance with the performance standard under AS 18.74.030(d) or an alternative performance standard under AS 18.74.040 , the cigarette may not be sold or offered for sale in this
state or sold to a person located in this state until the manufacturer retests the cigarette under AS 18.74.030 or 18.74.040, the cigarette meets the performance standard under AS 18.74.030 (d) or the alternative performance standard under AS 18.74.040 , and the manufacturer maintains records of the retesting under AS 18.74.070 .
- (c) For each cigarette listed in a certification submitted under (a) of this section, a manufacturer shall pay
to the state fire marshal a fee of $250. The state fire marshal may adjust this fee annually to ensure that it defrays the actual costs
of the processing, testing, enforcement, and oversight activities required by this chapter.
- (d) Each cigarette certified under this section shall be recertified every three years.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.