Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 74. Cigarette Fire Safety
- Section 30. Testing of Cigarettes. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
previous: Section 10
. Requirement for Sale. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
next: Section 40
. Alternative Test Methods. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
AS 18.74.030. Testing of Cigarettes. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
- (a) Cigarettes shall be tested under
- (1) the ASTM International Standard E2187-04, entitled "Standard Test Method for Measuring the Ignition Strength
of Cigarettes"; or
- (2) a test method established under (b) of this section.
- (b) The state fire marshal may adopt an ASTM International standard test method that is adopted by the American
Society of Testing and Materials after the standard test method identified under (a) of this section if the state fire marshal finds
that the method does not result in a change in the percentage of full-length burns exhibited by any tested cigarette when compared to
the percentage of full-length burns that the same cigarette would exhibit when tested under
- (1) the standard test method identified under (a)(1) of this section; and
- (2) the criteria established under (c) and (d) of this section.
- (c) The testing under this section shall be conducted on 10 layers of filter paper. A complete test trial
consists of 40 replicate tests of each cigarette. The performance standard required by (d) of this section may only be applied to a
complete test trial.
- (d) When tested under this section, not more than 25 percent of the cigarettes tested in a test trial may exhibit
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.