Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 70. Fire Protection
- Section 350. Powers.
previous: Section 340
. Appointment; Meetings; Expenses.
next: Section 355
. Certification Optional.
AS 18.70.350. Powers.
The council may
- (1) adopt regulations for the administration of AS 18.70.320
- 18.70.369, including regulations
- (A) establishing minimum training and performance standards for certification of fire services personnel that are
consistent with the standards of the National Fire Protection Association or other applicable standards;
- (B) establishing minimum fire training curriculum requirements for certification of training programs that are designed to
enable trainees to meet the standards established under (A) of this paragraph;
- (C) governing the procedure for certification of fire services training programs that meet the minimum curriculum
requirements adopted under this section;
- (D) governing the procedure for certification of individuals who satisfy the minimum training and performance standards
established under this section; and
- (E) governing the procedure for revocation of the certificate of a person or program that, having been issued a
certificate under this section, fails at a later date to meet the standards adopted by the council under this section;
the procedures must be consistent with AS 44.62 (Administrative
- (2) consult and cooperate with municipalities, agencies of the state, other governmental agencies, universities, colleges,
and other institutions concerning the development of fire services training schools and programs offered in the state;
- (3) employ an administrator and other persons necessary to carry out its duties; and
- (4) charge and collect fees determined by the council to be necessary.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.