Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 70. Fire Protection
- Section 340. Appointment; Meetings; Expenses.
previous: Section 330
next: Section 350
AS 18.70.340. Appointment; Meetings; Expenses.
- (a) The state fire marshal or a designee shall serve on the council during each state fire marshal's continuance in
office. Other members of the council shall be appointed by the governor for staggered terms of four years, except that
a member may not serve beyond the time the member holds the office that established eligibility for appointment.
Membership on the council does not disqualify a member from holding another public office or employment. The council
shall select its chair and vice-chair annually.
- (b) The council shall meet at least twice a year. The chair shall set the time and place of the meeting, either on the
chair's own motion or on written request by three members of the council. The council is encouraged to meet
- (c) The members of the council do not receive a salary for service on the council, but are entitled to per diem and travel
expenses authorized by law for other boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.