Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 66. Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Section 160. Service of Process.
previous: Section 150
. Forms For Petitions and Orders; Fees.
next: Section 170
. Notification of Law Enforcement Agencies.
AS 18.66.160. Service of Process.
- (a) Process issued under this chapter shall be promptly served and executed. If process is to be served upon a person
believed to be present or residing in a municipality, as defined in AS 29.71.800
, or in an unincorporated community, process shall be served by a peace officer of that municipality or unincorporated
community who has jurisdiction within the area of service. If a peace officer of the municipality or unincorporated
community who has jurisdiction is not available, a superior court, district court, or magistrate may designate any
other peace officer to serve and execute process. A state peace officer shall serve process in any area that is not
within the jurisdiction of a peace officer of a municipality or unincorporated community. A peace officer shall use
every reasonable means to serve process issued under this chapter.
- (b) Service of process under (a) of this section does not preclude a petitioner from using any other available means to
serve process issued under this chapter.
- (c) Fees for service of process may not be charged in a proceeding seeking only the relief provided in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.