Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 66. Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Section 150. Forms For Petitions and Orders; Fees.
previous: Section 140
. Filing and Enforcement of Protective Orders Issued in Other States.
next: Section 160
. Service of Process.
AS 18.66.150. Forms For Petitions and Orders; Fees.
- (a) The Alaska Court System, after consulting with the Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and other
interested persons and organizations, shall prepare forms for petitions, protective orders, and instructions for their
use by a person seeking a protective order under this chapter. The forms must conform to the Alaska Rules of Civil
Procedure, except that information on the forms may be filled in by legible handwriting.
- (b) In addition to other information required, a petition for a protective order must include a statement of pending civil
actions or domestic violence criminal actions involving either the petitioner or the respondent. While a protective
order is in effect or a petition for protective order is pending, both the petitioner and respondent have a continuing
duty to inform the court of pending civil actions or domestic violence criminal actions involving either the petitioner
or the respondent.
- (c) The office of the clerk of each superior and district court shall make available to the public under AS 18.66.100
- 18.66.180 the forms a person seeking a protective
order under AS 18.66.100
- 18.66.180 may need and instructions for the use of
the forms. The clerk shall provide assistance in completing the forms and filing the forms.
- (d) Filing fees may not be charged in any action seeking only the relief provided in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.