Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 715. Demonstration of Competence With Handguns.
previous: Section 710
. Application For Permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun.
next: Section 720
AS 18.65.715. Demonstration of Competence With Handguns.
- (a) An applicant for a permit to carry a concealed handgun shall provide a certificate of successful completion of a
handgun course that is approved by the department. The handgun course must have been completed within the 12 months
immediately preceding the application. The department shall approve a handgun course, including the personal protection
course offered by the National Rifle Association, if the course tests the applicant's
- (1) knowledge of Alaska law relating to firearms and the use of deadly force;
- (2) familiarity with the basic concepts of the safe and responsible use of handguns;
- (3) knowledge of self-defense principles; and
- (4) physical competence with a handgun.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 20 ch 1 SLA 1998].
- (c) The department may not require a certificate of competence submitted under this section to contain any specifically
identifying information, including make, model, or serial number, of a handgun with which an applicant or permittee has
- (d) The department shall maintain a list of approved courses and shall provide the list to the public upon request.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.