Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 710. Application For Permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun.
previous: Section 705
. Qualifications to Obtain a Permit.
next: Section 715
. Demonstration of Competence With Handguns.
AS 18.65.710. Application For Permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun.
- (a) The application for a permit to carry a concealed handgun must contain the following information:
- (1) the applicant's name, physical residence, mailing address, place and date of birth, physical description, including
height, weight, race, hair color, and eye color, Alaska driver's license or identification card number, and the city
and state of each place the applicant has resided in the five years immediately preceding the application;
- (2) a statement that the applicant qualifies under AS 18.65.705
- (3) a statement that the applicant has been furnished with a copy of the state laws and regulations relating to concealed
handguns, has read those sections, and understands them;
- (4) a statement that the applicant desires a permit to carry a concealed handgun for a lawful purpose, which may include
- (5) a statement by the applicant that all statements, answers, and attachments to the application are true and complete;
- (6) a conspicuous warning that an applicant who supplies a false statement, answer, or document in connection with the
application that the applicant does not believe to be true may be prosecuted for unsworn falsification in the second degree and, if found
guilty, may be punished for violation of a class A misdemeanor, and that, in such cases, the permit shall be revoked
and the applicant may be barred from any further application for a permit; and
- (7) a statement that the applicant understands that a permit eligibility investigation will be conducted as a part of the
application process, that this may involve computerized records searches, and that the applicant authorizes the
- (b) An application under (a) of this section may not inquire of an applicant about, or require the submission of,
information beyond that described in that subsection. As part of an application under (a) of this section, the
department may not inquire of an applicant as to any firearms owned by the applicant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.