Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 109. Teachers' and Nurses' Housing Loan Program.
previous: Section 108
. Simplified Refinancing Mortgage Loan Purchase Program.
next: Section 110
. Bonds and Notes.
AS 18.56.109. Teachers' and Nurses' Housing Loan Program.
- (a) There is established in the corporation the teachers' and nurses' housing loan program to assist public school
teachers and registered nurses to purchase housing. A loan may be made under this program only for owner-occupied,
single-family housing. The loan may be made only to an individual employed full-time
- (1) in a public elementary or secondary school in the state who is required to be certificated and holds a position as a
- (A) teacher;
- (B) counselor;
- (C) principal;
- (D) vice or assistant principal; or
- (E) provider of special education or related services; or
- (2) as a registered nurse and is licensed to practice registered nursing under AS 08.68.230
- (b) Only one loan may be made to a borrower under this section. The corporation shall adopt regulations that establish
additional terms and conditions for teachers' and nurses' housing loans, including those relating to determining
whether an individual is employed full-time and to other borrower eligibility requirements. A loan may be no greater
than 100 percent of the value of the property for which the loan is made. The corporation may require the borrower to
pay costs associated with the loan.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.