Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 108. Simplified Refinancing Mortgage Loan Purchase Program.
previous: Section 107
. Loan Origination and Service Fees For Rural Areas.
next: Section 109
. Teachers' and Nurses' Housing Loan Program.
AS 18.56.108. Simplified Refinancing Mortgage Loan Purchase Program.
- (a) The corporation shall establish a simplified refinancing mortgage loan purchase program. Under the simplified
refinancing mortgage loan purchase program, the corporation may purchase refinancing mortgage loans to provide relief
to borrowers under circumstances described by regulations adopted by the corporation.
- (b) AS 18.56.098
(c), (e), and (j) apply to refinancing mortgage loans purchased under (a) of this section.
- (c) Subject to (d) of this section, the interest rate on a refinancing mortgage loan purchased under (a) of this section
is two percent less than the cost to the corporation of the money used to purchase the refinancing mortgage loan,
except that if the cost of money
- (1) is 10 percent or less, the interest rate is equal to the cost of money; and
- (2) is more than 10 percent, the interest rate may not be less than 10 percent.
- (d) If the refinancing mortgage loan is an adjustable rate mortgage loan, the corporation shall establish the initial
interest rate as provided in (c) of this section and shall recalculate the interest rate from time to time in
accordance with (c) of this section. However, notwithstanding (c)(1) of this section, the corporation may establish a
minimum interest rate applicable to an adjustable rate refinancing mortgage loan. The interest rate on the adjustable
rate refinancing mortgage loan may not be less than the minimum interest rate established under this subsection,
regardless of the cost of money to the corporation.
- (e) The corporation may adopt regulations to implement this section, including regulations to define "cost of money" for
purposes of this section. The regulations may provide for recalculation of the cost of money under (d) of this section
at the times and frequencies the corporation considers appropriate. The time and frequency for a recalculation under
(d) of this section is not required to match the time or frequency of a change in the cost of money to the corporation.
- (f) Equity extraction may not be allowed under this program.
- (g) In this section, "refinancing mortgage loan" means a loan refinancing another mortgage loan owned by the corporation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.