Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 100. Housing Development Fund.
previous: Section 99
. Powers of Corporation to Deal in Mortgage Loans.
next: Section 101
. Eligibility For Veterans' Interest Rates.
AS 18.56.100. Housing Development Fund.
- (a) There is created a housing development fund to be administered by the corporation as a trust fund separate and
distinct from any other money or funds administered by the corporation.
- (b) Consistent with AS 18.56.090
, the corporation may make temporary and permanent loans from the housing development fund, at an interest rate or
rates determined by the corporation, and with the security for repayment that is necessary and practicable, to
purchase, make, or participate in the making of mortgage loans
- (1) to borrowers who are sponsors, nonprofit corporations, or agencies of the state or a municipal government, for
permanent loans to develop, build, repair, remodel, or rehabilitate residential housing that is to be used and occupied
as congregate housing; or
- (2) that are not federally insured or guaranteed for residential housing, if the corporation determines that the loans are
not otherwise available, wholly or in part, from private lenders upon reasonably equivalent terms and conditions.
- (c) To the credit of the housing development fund shall be deposited
- (1) grants and contributions to the fund; and
- (2) all receipts of the corporation on account of repayment of or sale or other disposition of the security for any loans
made under (b) of this section.
- (d) The corporation may receive and accept from any source whatever any grants or contributions for the housing
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (g) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (h) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (i) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (j) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (k) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
- (l) The corporation may reduce the interest rate on a loan entered into under (b)(1) of this section only from amounts
appropriated to the housing development fund specifically to reduce the interest payable by borrowers who develop
housing under (b)(1) of this section. If a project developed by a borrower with a reduced interest subsidy made under
this subsection ceases to be used for congregate housing, the corporation shall adjust the interest rate payable on the
unpaid balance of the loan to the prevailing rate of interest charged by the corporation on loans made for other
residential purposes, but may not reduce the interest rate payable below the subsidized rate.
- (m) The corporation shall adopt regulations to implement (b)(1) and (l) of this section that
- (1) determine borrower eligibility, including regulations to determine that the borrower has the ability to repay the
- (2) define procedures for the application, review, and approval of authorized loans;
- (3) establish loan guidelines, loan terms, and acceptable security for loans; and
- (4) identify characteristics of housing projects eligible for loans.
- (n) In (b)(1) and (l) of this section, "congregate housing" means a multi-family housing development with fully
independent living units and services integrated in the buildings that may include, but are not limited to,
housekeeping, meal service, and resident training or development programs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.