Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 30. Corporation Governing Body.
previous: Section 20
. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation.
next: Section 40
. Meetings of Board.
AS 18.56.030. Corporation Governing Body.
- (a) The corporation shall be governed by a board of directors consisting of
- (1) the commissioner of revenue;
- (2) the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (3) the commissioner of health and social services; and
- (4) four public members appointed by the governor, as follows:
- (A) one member with expertise or experience in finances or real estate;
- (B) one member who is a rural resident of the state or who has expertise or experience with a regional housing authority;
- (C) one member who has expertise or experience in residential energy efficient home-building or weatherization; and
- (D) one person who has expertise or experience in the provision of senior or low-income housing.
- (b) If a member described in (a)(1), (2), or (3) of this section is unable to attend a meeting of the board the member may
by an instrument in writing filed with the board, designate a deputy or assistant to act in the member's place at the
meeting. For all purposes of this chapter, the designee is a member of the board at the meeting.
- (c) The board members described in (a)(4) of this section serve two-year terms.
- (d) If a vacancy occurs on the board, the governor shall make an appointment, effective immediately, for the unexpired
portion of the term.
- (e) The members of the board described in (a)(4) of this section receive $100 compensation for each day spent on official
business of the corporation and may be reimbursed by the corporation for actual and necessary expenses at the same rate
paid to members of state boards under AS 39.20.180
- (f) The governor shall appoint the members under (a)(4) of this section to give the board of directors a reasonable
geographic balance among regions of the state. The members of the board appointed under (a)(4) of this section shall
have recognized competence and wide experience in housing, finance, or other business management-related fields.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.