Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 680. Urban Renewal Projects; Definition.
previous: Section 670
. Preparation of General Plan By Local Governing Body.
next: Section 690
. Urban Renewal Plan; Definition.
AS 18.55.680. Urban Renewal Projects; Definition.
- (a) In addition to the power given under AS 18.55.480
- 18.55.960, the corporation may plan and undertake
an urban renewal project. In AS 18.55.480 - 18.55.960 an urban renewal project includes undertaking
and activity for the elimination and prevention of the development or spread of slums or blighted, deteriorated, or
deteriorating areas. An urban renewal project may involve any work or undertaking for this purpose that constitutes a
redevelopment project or any rehabilitation or conservation work or any combination of an undertaking or work.
- (b) Rehabilitation or conservation work includes
- (1) carrying out plans for a program of voluntary or compulsory repair and rehabilitation of buildings or other
- (2) acquisition of real property and demolition, removal, or rehabilitation of buildings and improvements from it where
necessary to eliminate unhealthful, insanitary, or unsafe conditions, lessen density, reduce traffic hazards, eliminate
obsolete or other uses detrimental to the public welfare, or to otherwise remove or prevent the spread of blight or
deterioration, or to provide land for needed public facilities;
- (3) installation, construction, or reconstruction of streets, utilities, parks, playgrounds, and other improvements
necessary for carrying out the objectives of the urban renewal project; and
- (4) the disposition, for uses in accordance with the objectives of the urban renewal project, of any property or part of
property acquired in the area of the project; disposition shall be in the manner prescribed in AS 18.55.480
- 18.55.960 for the disposition of property in a
redevelopment project area.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.