Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 630. Cooperation By Public Bodies.
previous: Section 620
. Property Exempt From Taxes and Execution.
next: Section 640
. Report By the Authority. [Repealed, Sec. 140 Ch 4 SLA 1992].
AS 18.55.630. Cooperation By Public Bodies.
- (a) For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, or carrying out of a redevelopment project
located within the area in which it is authorized to act, a public body may, upon terms, with or without consideration,
as it determines,
- (1) dedicate, sell, convey, or lease any of its interest in a property, or grant easements, licenses, or other rights or
privileges in the property to the corporation;
- (2) cause parks, playgrounds, or recreational, community, educational, water, sewer, or drainage facilities, or other
works that it is otherwise empowered to undertake to be furnished in connection with a redevelopment project;
- (3) furnish, dedicate, close, vacate, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan, or replan streets, roads, sidewalks, ways, or
other places, that it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
- (4) plan or replan, or zone or rezone any part of the public body or make exceptions from building regulations and
ordinances if the functions are of the character that the public body is otherwise empowered to perform;
- (5) cause administrative and other services to be furnished to the corporation of the character that the public body is
otherwise empowered to undertake or furnish for the same or other purposes;
- (6) incur the entire expense of public improvements made by the public body in exercising the powers granted in this
- (7) do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning or carrying out of a redevelopment
- (8) lend, grant, or contribute money to the corporation;
- (9) employ any money belonging to or within the control of the public body, including money derived from the sale or
furnishing of property, service, or facilities to the corporation, in the purchase of the bonds or other obligations of
the corporation and, as the holder of the bonds or other obligations, exercise the rights connected with them; and
- (10) enter into agreements, which may extend over any period, notwithstanding a provision or rule of law to the contrary,
with the corporation respecting action to be taken by the public body under any of the powers granted by AS 18.55.480
- (b) If at any time title to or possession of a redevelopment project is held by a public body or governmental agency,
other than the corporation, authorized by law to engage in the undertaking, carrying out, or administration of
redevelopment projects, including the federal government, the provisions of the agreement shall inure to the benefit of
and may be enforced by the public body or governmental agency.
- (c) A sale, conveyance, lease, or agreement provided for in this section may be made by a public body without appraisal,
public notice, advertisement, or public bidding.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.