Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 510. Finding of Necessity By Municipality.
previous: Section 500
. Interest of Members of Board of Directors or Employees of Corporation in Project Prohibited.
next: Section 520
. Powers of the Corporation.
AS 18.55.510. Finding of Necessity By Municipality.
- (a) The corporation may not transact business or exercise its powers under AS 18.55.480
- 18.55.960 in a municipality until the governing
body approves by resolution the exercise in the municipality of the powers, functions, and duties of the corporation
under AS 18.55.480
- (b) The governing body of a municipality may not adopt a resolution under (a) of this section unless it finds that
- (1) one or more slum or blighted areas exist in the municipality; or
- (2) the redevelopment of the slum or blighted area is necessary in the interest of the public health, safety, morals, or
welfare of the residents of the municipality.
- (c) When the governing body of a municipality adopts the resolution, it shall promptly notify the corporation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.