Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 15. Disease Control and Threats to Public Health
- Section 365. Information Security Safeguards.
previous: Section 362
. Acquisition and Use of Identifiable Health Information; Public Health Purpose.
next: Section 370
. Reportable Disease List.
AS 18.15.365. Information Security Safeguards.
- (a) The department shall acquire, use, disclose, and store identifiable health information collected under AS 18.15.355 - 18.15.395 in a confidential manner that safeguards the security
of the information, and maintain the information in a physically and technologically secure environment.
- (b) The department shall expunge, in a confidential manner, identifiable health information collected under AS 18.15.355 - 18.15.395 when the use of the information by the department no
longer furthers the public health purpose for which it is required.
- (c) A person who knowingly discloses identifiable health information in violation of this section or a regulation
adopted under this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor. In this subsection, "knowingly" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900 (a).
- (d) A person who intentionally discloses identifiable health information in violation of this section or a
regulation adopted under this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor. In this subsection, "intentionally" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900 (a).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.