Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 290. Optimum Number of Entry Permits.
previous: Section 275
. - 16.43.285l [Renumbered as AS 16.43.340
next: Section 300
. Revisions of Optimum Number of Entry Permits.
AS 16.43.290. Optimum Number of Entry Permits.
Following the issuance of entry permits under AS 16.43.270
, the commission shall establish the optimum number of entry permits for each fishery based upon a reasonable balance
of the following general standards:
- (1) the number of entry permits sufficient to maintain an economically healthy fishery that will result in a reasonable
average rate of economic return to the fishermen participating in that fishery, considering time fished and necessary
investments in vessels and gear;
- (2) the number of entry permits necessary to harvest the allowable commercial take of the fishery resource during all
years in an orderly, efficient manner, and consistent with sound fishery management techniques;
- (3) the number of entry permits sufficient to avoid serious economic hardship to those currently engaged in the fishery,
considering other economic opportunities reasonably available to them.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.