Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 340. Educational Entry Permits.
previous: Section 335
. - 16.43.339l [Renumbered as AS 16.43.400
next: Section 341
. - 16.43.343l [Renumbered as AS 16.43.430
AS 16.43.340. Educational Entry Permits.
- (a) In addition to entry permits and interim-use permits, the commission may issue educational entry permits to public,
private, or denominational educational institutions accredited by the Department of Education and Early Development or
accredited institutions, career, or vocational programs approved by the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education,
or full-time nonprofit residential child care facilities licensed by the Department of Health and Social Services,
division of social services, if
- (1) the program is offered to students at the junior high school level or above;
- (2) the issuance of an educational entry permit is reasonably necessary to the instruction of students under courses
offered by the applicant for the educational entry permit;
- (3) the program is offered by an institution that is located in the state and has been in operation for at least two
- (4) the institution offering the program is not a correspondence institution.
- (b) An educational entry permit may only be used in a program conducted by the recipient of the permit for the purpose of
training students in the methods of commercial fishing.
- (c) The commission may issue educational entry permits notwithstanding the establishment of maximum or optimum numbers
under AS 16.43.240
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.