Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 300. Revisions of Optimum Number of Entry Permits.
previous: Section 290
. Optimum Number of Entry Permits.
next: Section 310
. Establishment of Buy-Back Funds and Permit Buy-Back Assessments.
AS 16.43.300. Revisions of Optimum Number of Entry Permits.
- (a) The commission may increase or decrease the optimum number of entry permits for a fishery when one or more of the
following conditions makes a change desirable considering the purposes of this chapter:
- (1) an established long-term change in the biological condition of the fishery has occurred that substantially alters the
optimum number of entry permits permissible applying the standards set out in AS 16.43.290;
- (2) an established long-term change in market conditions has occurred, directly affecting the fishery, that substantially
alters the optimum number of entry permits permissible under the standards set out in AS 16.43.290
- (b) If the commission decreases the optimum number of entry permits for a fishery, the number of entry permits may be
reduced only under the voluntary buy-back provisions set out in AS 16.43.310
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.