Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 20. Special Procedures For Elections
- Section 800. Voting By Mail.
previous: Section 590
. - 15.20.740l Punch-Card Voting. [Repealed, Sec. 92 Ch 82 SLA 2000].
next: Section 900
. Optically Scanned or Electronically Generated Ballots.
AS 15.20.800. Voting By Mail.
- (a) The director may conduct an election by mail if it is held at a time other than when the general, party primary, or
municipal election is held.
- (b) If the director conducts an election under (a) of this section by mail, the director shall send a ballot for each
election described in (a) of this section to each person whose name appears on the official registration list prepared
under AS 15.07.125
for that election. The director shall send ballots by first class, nonforwardable mail. The ballot shall be sent to the address stated
on the official registration list unless
- (1) the voter has notified the director or an election supervisor of a different address to which the ballot should be sent. The
director shall send; or
- (2) the address on the official registration list has been identified as being an undeliverable address.
- (c) If the director conducts an election under (a) of this section by mail, the director shall mail ballots under this
section on or before the 22nd day before the election.
- (d) The voter may cast the ballot under AS 15.20.081
(d) - (f).
- (e) The director shall review ballots voted under this section under procedures established for the review of absentee
ballots under AS 15.20.201 and 15.20.203. The director shall establish the schedule for
counting ballots in an election conducted by mail.
Article 05. VOTING MACHINES AND TALLY SYSTEMS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.